I’m back from visiting my brother’s family. My nephew is just as adorable as I expected, although the little guy decided the best way to welcome Aunt Jas was by peeing on me almost immediately. I chose to view this as his way of marking me as his favorite aunt! 😉 It was so much fun to see how much his sisters adore him, showering him with kisses and hugs. It melted my heart.
Now that I’m home, I’ve been catching up on reading my favorite blogs and thinking about what I want to do next. There are several posts I have in mind for here on the blog. I just have to make a list and get cracking.
- I finally watched Between the Sheets, which probably deserves a reaction post.
- There are several Photoshop tutorials I’m looking forward to trying out and sharing the results.
- If I can manage to get past my writer’s block, chapter 6 of John and Maggie’s story needs to be completed.
- Most importantly in the short term, there is a little something I’m working on for a special day that’s coming up later this month!
In the meantime I thought I’d share another of my Photoshop experiments. I wanted to try making a stippled drawing in Photoshop. At first, the plan was to do it all manually with a brush, but I came across a tutorial that looked interesting, so I gave it a try. You all know how much I love tutorials! 🙂
Here is the original image I started out with:
And here is the result of my Photoshop experiment:
It isn’t quite what I was going for, but still a fun effect.
I’m off either this afternoon or tomorrow to donate food for SpReAd the Love. Have you donated your pint of blood or pound of food yet? There are still 13 days left to donate!
My mother’s surgery went well today, although she is in quite a bit of pain. It is always nice to have someone with you when your stuck in a hospital bed. Therefore, I’ve spent the day on the couch in her room. Can I just say…I am immensely thankful for free wifi! So what is a girl to do when sitting around in the hospital? Why, make another GIF of course!!! It isn’t great, but is a start. Forgive me for the dead bodies, I need to learn how to blur them out.
I hope everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Today was an incredibly busy day. There was absolutely no time to squeeze in a traditional workout. But all that house cleaning I did has to count for something, right? With mom’s surgery scheduled for tomorrow there was a lot that had to be done. We went ahead and had Thanksgiving dinner tonight, because she won’t be released from the hospital until mid-day on Thursday (at the earliest). I’m sure at this time of year many of you can relate to having too much to do and not enough time to do it in. Since I post a lot of recipes I thought I would post another one.
So here it is…my recipe for a day that you don’t have to feel bad you didn’t workout.
- Do laundry (I’m thankful I don’t have to go to the laundromat)
- Make coffee cake.
- Clean the bathrooms.
- Do some more laundry.
- Clean bedrooms.
- Make cornbread muffins.
- Is that the laundry calling my name?
- Clean kitchen.
- Don’t forget to vacuum.
- Help the neighbor make cheesecake.
- Oh yeah…don’t forget the laundry.
- Get turkey breast into the oven.
- Make stuffing to go along with turkey.
- Wonder why you cleaned the kitchen already.
- Serve Thanksgiving dinner (yes, I know it is Tuesday).
- Help pack for hospital stay.
- Lounge on sofa, while final load of laundry dries.
- Ahh…time for bed.
While I’ve been waiting for the laundry to dry I made a little something for my fellow RA fans.