Between putting the Christmas decorations away, a cold and an impromptu trip to the Great Smoky Mountains I haven’t had much time for blogging the last week. Once everything was done, I got a hair brained idea to make a background for my Tumblr. If you’ve ever done this, then you know that sometimes you have to play with the html code to get things to work just right. I have no idea what I’m doing with html–or at least I didn’t before I decided to give changing the background a go–which meant lots and lots of Google searches and trial and error.
I’m happy to say that I actually figured out what I was doing! Here is what I ended up with:
Not only did I get the background image in, I also figured out how to make said image static, so it didn’t scroll with the content! This was only the tip of the iceberg it turned out. I showed it to a few friends and ended up making backgrounds for their Tumblr’s as well AND figuring out how I needed to alter the html for the specific themes they had installed–all part of the learning process.
Here are the other three backgrounds I did:
JasRangoon: Making Tumblr a more RAvishing place, one blog at a time. 😉