My sweet little 17 year old neighbor had surgery to remove her wisdom teeth this week. Between the pain and the pain meds, she hasn’t really been fit for school. So, she called me today and asked if she could come over and watch…wait for it…North & South. This was encouraging, seeing as she had already watched it with me once. I actually had some free time this afternoon, so she came on over. She likes to give a running commentary throughout the movie, and since I’ve seen it numerous times, I enjoy hearing her take on it. So I thought I’d share some of the things she said today (about the first half, she’s coming back tomorrow to watch the rest).
- That Henry guy is going to propose, isn’t he? At least he’s better than Mr. Collins from Pride and Prejudice.
- Mrs. Hale should shut up already, all she ever does is complain.
- Gosh, Mr. Hale’s family just don’t understand him.
- Oh, I love when Higgin’s rescues her, he’s like a teddy bear.
- Fanny is really shallow, she needs to close her mouth!
- Ah, Frederick is sooo cute! I really like him.
- I hate that Bessie’s sick, it’s not fair!
- Mr. Thornton should run the other way, Margaret is a jerk.
- They should put their boobs away!
- Uh, she is so mean! He deserves way better than her.
Oh, she also informs me that Mr. Thornton is just okay looking. But when she saw the below picture on my laptop she decided that Richard Armitage is actually handsome. Whew, at least I don’t have to worry too much about her taste! 😉